Tuesday 21 May 2013

A tale of communities - bringing science into conversation with equity in the service of scientific literacy

I am a scientist.
I am an educator.
I am an equity scholar and activist.

I see all as integral to the other and yet...
I realize not everyone sees things the way I do.

From this starting point I decided to write about my thinking more systematically to try to share how I see the connections forming between science, science education and equity.

Please follow me on this weekly journey to make sense of this complex intersection of spaces. You can subscribe via email at the bottom of the blog space.

I would love to hear feedback, talk back, shared thoughts in a respectful and constructive manner. Please comment as we go forward when the mood moves you as the best thoughts are collaborative in construction.

If you want to know who I am in a bit more detail, my influences, collaborators and colleagues, please visit my personal site.


No comments:

Post a Comment